Sunday, August 16, 2009

Downers Grove

Big race today in the 'burbs of Chicago. US Pro Crit Championships at stake, and the right to wear the stars 'n stripes jersey for a year. There are lots of great places to get pics and the race report, so I'll avoid that part. In the womens race, Tibco was dominant, launching attack after attack, but somehow they managed to do everything except seal the deal. Brooke Miller got 2nd to a deserving Tina Pic, which is not what she came to do. While in the mens race, Rahsaan Bahati, left with no teammates due to crash after crash in the closing laps, was able to bridge a big gap to the lead group and get a jump on them coming out of the final turn, only to have his bike come out from under him with victory in sight.

The irony being that after dropping off E at the airport, I go to a BBQ with the Rock Racing guys (without Bahati) and E is on the same flight to SF as Brooke Miller.

I think I had more fun, since I got to drink beer and not wait at an airport for a delayed flight. But I bet E will have something to say about her fun as well.

No comments: