Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bang bang

Last week I had the opportunity to see the Felice Brothers, twice. Which brings my total to five and a half. The half being when they opened for the Truckers and I got there late. They are definately a great show, one of a handful of favorites. James Felice is about as nice a guy as you'll ever meet at a rock show.



Funny though, I listed to their albums and I'm just not moved. They just have so much energy on stage that can't be matched on a recording. I'll keep seeing them every chance I get, and buying James a shot at every opportunity.

Also saw Au Revoir Simone on Saturday. Generally not a show I would have seen, but I was already in North Beach, half drunk, and entertaining some Norwegians that wanted to see the show, so off to Bimbo's we went. It was my first time in Bimbo's and I really don't feel that I've missed out on much. The opening band was The Antlers, and they were surprisingly good. They had a nice Sigur Ros vibe that made them easy to listen to. Then Au Revoir Simone came out, three girls with synthesizers. They were cute and put on a good show. So all was fun, well putting aside that the Norwegians kept feeding me Vodka-Red Bulls. Nasty drink, that.
I think it was their way of getting even with me for making rotten fish jokes.

No comments: