Monday, February 28, 2011

Time to put up...

The Jeep is smogged registered and ready to go. I was able to get back to SF for a short weekend and take it for a couple short drives. One was really short; really I just needed to move it's parking spot, so I drove it enough to get it warmed up before parking it again. Sunday I got to take E for a nice drive down the coast to Half Moon Bay. Probably about a 50 mile round trip, and certainly the longest drive it's been on since I've owned it. I'm happy to report no major problems, it did die a couple times at when I stopped, but each time it started right back up- I might need to adjust the idle a bit.

Tangential rant: why does everyone love stopping so much? Dear Lord people, use the damn gas pedal...

Which brings me back to the reason I got the Jeep in the first place, Las Vegas. I've maybe got another month here, so the clock is ticking. I'm thinking of driving it down next weekend- since I'll be heading back to the City to see not one, not two but three Drive-By Truckers shows (after seeing them Thursday night in Vegas!). Four shows in one week will be a first for me, and I'm pretty excited about it.

But I was writing about the Jeep... Having it here would be good, it's the getting it down here that gives me pause. It's a ten hour drive, I'm pretty sure I can't do ten hours in the Jeep, so that makes it a two day drive. Some of it is through some pretty desolate country in which, breaking down would not be fun.

So this question I will be pondering for the next few days.

No comments: