Monday, December 29, 2008

Catching Up

Christmas was fun. It was good to see the family and take a break from the grind.

Wednesday night was an exercise in excess. John had an xmas party, lots of food, sake, food, soju, food, tequila, and um, food. The food and drink were in plenty, and then some. By all rights it was more than should ever be ingested, but it was too good to turn down.

So needless to say Thursday (today? Why, It's Christmas Day!) got off to a bit of a slow start. After getting up around noon and dealing with curing the maladies of said evening, it was time to hit the road. It must have been a great idea, because everyone else decided to do the same thing. A two and a half hour trip turned into a four hour trip. Even listening to Orson Scott Card couldn't completely dissipate the annoyance of sitting in traffic.

But that's easily forgotten. I had a good time and came out of the deal with a lot more to read, and watch, and listen to. Plus I got a great jersey, and an awesome camera.

Friday morning my Dad said the Pakistan was massing troops on the India border. I've learned to check out things that my Dad says, mostly because he gets his info entirely from the MSM (or less reputable sources). Sure enough it was true, but while it all over the American media sources, World Sources considered it less important.

Mostly because Israel is at it again.

Funny to see things like:
White House blames Hamas for new Mideast violence

White House: Hamas must agree to durable ceasefire

US pushes to curb Hamas


While the MSM seems clear to favor the position the Israel has a right to defend itself. It's interesting to me to compare this with the Russia/Georgia conflict. When Israel looks to protect its interests, it is supported, when Russia does, its vilified.

Hmmm. Self-Interest anyone?

I guess I should stop, and defer to someone better at this than me.

Ossetia-Russia-Georgia


It's not for me...

No comments: