Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday

Yesterday I had the unfortunate realization that Winter is just starting. Hopefully it will a rain a bunch, snow a bunch and get it done with and we can have a nice early Spring. I celebrated yesterday by riding through the park in the rain. I figure that riding in the cold, in the rain, and on crappy roads, on a bike that can't seem to decide what gear it wants to be in, would earn me HTFU points. Anyway, it beat sitting on the couch.

I'm really wanting a new bike, but it's the same old dilemma; To get the bike that I want, or to get the bike that's better than what I have. I can't even be sure that, if I get the bike I want, it will end up being the bike I want in six months. As I write this I realize that the bike I want now, is not the bike I wanted 2 months ago.

It's tempting to just get a frame and have something to play with. Of course, it doesn't take much in the way of foresight to see this leading to an apartment full of bikes in a short period of time.

I'm thinking of getting a bike fitting. I know I can ride anything from 57-60, but it would be nice to see which is the most efficient. They're a bit pricey, but probably worth it. I'll have to look into it after Christmas.

There are a couple shows on the horizon. I'd love to see the Truckers with Centro-Matic in Athens. But that seems unlikely. More likely is seeing Jason Isbell with Deer Tick at the Beachland Ballroom.

Centro-Matic is awesome. I just was turned on to them recently, I've gone out and purchased their catalog and am thoroughly impressed. I haven't warmed up to South San Gabriel as fast, but that will probably come with time.

And for those who think the recent storms across the nation are fuel for the "Global Warming Isn't Real" arguement. Please read this.

No comments: