Monday, January 26, 2009

In Review- Cycling and Music and Plays (Oh My!)

Yesterday was installment two in my return to bike racing. The question remains; Will I get fed up before I can get good at?.

If you're looking at getting into cycling, Fatty has a great post on getting into cycling.

Only two weeks until the Tour of California comes through town. I'm looking forward to it. I've haven't seen a pro race since the days of the Coors Classic. Even cooler is that all my favorite riders will be there: Thor, Sparticus, Boonen, and Lance.

Arwen's play is really good. Go see it if you can.

The new Ben Nichols album is awesome. I've also just discovered Gaslight Anthem and have been catching up to speed on them. Gaslight Anthem and Centro-Matic have to be the two best music discoveries for me since E and I saw Glossary and Jessica Lea Mayfield at the Bottom of the Hill.

Going to see Jason Isbell in Cleveland. Isbell is awesome, and the Truckers are awesome, but the two are most awesome when they are together. I hope I don't have to wait too long for them to get back together.

And one more thing to brighten up a Monday:

THE Italian Prime Minister, Silvio Berlusconi, has dropped yet another clanger, infuriating women with the suggestion that a recent spate of rapes will not stop until there "are as many soldiers on the streets as there are pretty girls".

No comments: