Monday, November 2, 2009

Bye Bye October

The horrid time of year known as "Summer" has left the Bay Area. Now we can finally get some enjoyable weather in the City. Fortunately I got to get some good weather in Chicago, and some really nice weather in Texas (too bad it was in Texas). And now I can enjoy the best weather of the year in my hometown, too bad it now gets dark at 5:30, but one victory at a time.

Music has been good. Truckers and Booker T were awesome at the Bluegrass Fest. Last night, Lucero put on a performance to remember at the Mezzanine. Tonight is Airborne Toxic Event, later in the week are Dinosaur Jr and Jason Isbell. Lots to look forward to...

Cyclocross
is ridiculously hard. Right on the verge of being too hard to even bother with. I'm not the kind of person that has to always win, but losing sucks ass. Especially as bad as I've been doing. The upside is that it is fun, and it's making a pretty huge difference in my bike handling, so there's hope that I can get better. I'll get a chance to improve this weekend in Santa Rosa.

Track, on the other hand, is the frikkin' bomb! I've known I wanted to get on the track for a while, but the hour to drive to San Jose combined with the tracks' schedule have always been prohibitive. Last week I finally made it down to a "Beginners' Night" and had a lot of fun. There were some thrown together scratch races that I did well in, out of 15 people I was never worse than fourth. Granted these folks weren't all there just to race and all categories were combined... But at this point, my ego will take whatever it can get.

I just saw the verdict came down in the case of the SoCal Doctor who tried to kill some cyclists. Hot Damn, that's some good news.

And lastly let's praise the Onion..


Victim In Fatal Car Accident Tragically Not Glenn Beck

No comments: