Thursday, November 19, 2009

Seriously

Most of the time I'm willing to be dismissive of the lunatic fringe. I'm pretty sure I'm related to some of them, and outside of talking a bunch of nonsense, they are pretty harmless. But when I read stuff like this:
There’s a new slogan making its way onto car bumpers and across the Internet. It reads simply: "Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8"
A nice sentiment?
Maybe not.
The psalm reads, "Let his days be few; and let another take his office."

and this:
The Republican base is with him though. PPP's newest national survey finds that a 52% majority of GOP voters nationally think that ACORN stole the Presidential election for Barack Obama last year, with only 27% granting that he won it legitimately.


I can't help but despair a little bit for the future of the World. I realize that not everyone can be smart, but the choice to be willfully ignorant in the face of reason is something I hope to never be able to understand. Maybe there needs to be a new kind of intervention. This kind of crap is worse than the folks who wear tinfoil helmets to make sure the aliens can't read their minds. It's worse because the alien fearers are generally harmless, while the god fearers are anything but.

No comments: