Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bike v. Car

Of course, it's never really Bike v. Car, it's not much of a competition. The car wins, the cyclist's only victory is to come out of it uninjured. It happened to me again yeterday. Some old guy in a Volvo either didn't see me or was a jackass. I was in a traffic circle, he was at a Stop sign, about the time I got in front of him, he punched it. We ran together and my right foot/pedal hit the left front of his car. I'm hoping it left a nice scratch to help him remember the moment.

Great article here. Cars are weapons, and there is not nearly enough training given to the drivers that operate them. And there are not nearly enough deterrants to keep people from behaving like asshats. Case in point.

a white SUV pulled through the red light, but stopped short of them. A second car ignored the red signal and darted around the SUV, slamming into Asrir, knocking her up on the hood of the vehicle, and launching her to the pavement... According to witnesses, the driver had been talking on her cell phone. Later, she was not allowed to leave in her car.

No comments: