Friday, February 27, 2009

Pass the Kool Aid

Resistance is futile, Josh Ritter is amazing. I resisted him for years- when everyone was hyping Animal Years as one of the greates albums ever, I was unimpressed. When The Historical Conquests on Josh Ritter showed up on everyones best album of the year lists, I couldn't figure out why. But over the last few months, songs have been popping up in my playlists... It started with Lawrence, Ks, then Harrisburg, then Me & Jiggs, the Girl in the War, and now I'm just pretty much hooked.

He played at the Great American Music Hall last night. It's really hard to compare shows. The Rock and Roll orgy put on by the Truckers and The Hold Steady was something I'll never forget, Pela at Bottom of the Hill blew me away, as did Lucero, and the first time I saw The National. But last night, in it's own way, was as good as any of those shows. I really feel priveledged to have seen it. The arrangement of Girl in The War was something I was actually moved by, something that's hard to do.

----------------------------------------------------

Tonight we go to my favorite midwest city to make fun of. Lot's of airport BS and snow. But I'll be with E, and it will make her happy, and we'll get to see Jason Isbell.


I believe I've found my cycling team. More to come.


The Belgian classics start this weekend Het Whatever tomorrow and KBK on Sunday. Should be awesome

No comments: