Friday, May 8, 2009

Go Time!

The Giro starts tomorrow.
I'm pretty sure I've never been this excited about the Giro before, but this edition has a lot going for it. It's the Centennial addition, which makes it kind of special. There is no clear favorite, though my money is on Levi. It seems, from what people are saying anyway, that a lot of the favorites are racing to win instead of using it as a tune-up for France.
I'm also pretty excited to see Lance return. I have no idea what to expect from him, but nothing would surprise me.

It's going to be shown live on the web, and delayed on tv. Thank You Universal Sports!

The Team Time Trial tomorrow should be telling. I think there will be teams (Liquigas) that find themselves in a bit of a hole.

Other big stages are Stage 12 and Stage 17. I think those two stages will decide the race.

Following up on the last post, the Project Rwanda site has lots of opportunities to do some good.

Nice Liz Hatch video. Always nice to see locals doing well.

Alexander Vinokourov is trying to get back in the game. I have mixed feelings on this. He was one of my favorite riders, and there isn't anyone else like him in the peloton. But he cheated, more than that, he cheated at a time when cycling really needed a clean race and, to me, he did more damage than any of the other idiots that got caught.

Outside of Cycling Universe....

Really Texas? Really?

This morning I woke up not knowing this existed, and now my life is better for knowing it's out there.



Brings a tear to my eye and makes me proud to be an American.

At least more than this does.

The Obama administration will retain a Bush-era rule for polar bears, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar announced Friday, in a move that angered activists who noted the rule limits what can be done to protect the species from global warming.

Just another reason in a very long list of why Dem's aren't really any better than Republicans

It's just so much easier to blame people for doing bad, than it is to do good.

Newly released CIA documents revealed that the Speaker of the House of Representatives was aware of the methods' deployment and not just their existence, as she had earlier claimed.

No comments: