Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Jesus Christ on a Bike

Not a good day for news. Especially in the bike world (the regular world has it's share of bad news every day, but I like my diversions to, well, divert me from the regular world).

The Tour of California is moving to May. So it will be running against the Giro. So long ToC, it was fun while it lasted. I'm really glad I got to go to some stages this year and see Lance, Thor, Boonen, et al. Probably won't happen again.

Christian Pfannberger withdraws from Giro for a positive test. Nice job asshole. I guess it's time to work on your communication skills (as in "Do you want fries with that?")

But in the regular world.

This crap in Egypt is simultaneously sad and infuriating. It doesn't even make bad sense. If H1N1 was called the "Camel Flu" would they round up and kill all the camels? Without question, Humans do some inanely stupid things, but this is a drunk fat naked guy jumping up and down in the snow with "Stupid" painted on his chest with roofing tar.

Maybe it's just to keep people from noticing that they're building Nukes.

Obama v Putin; round 1

Fuck it, I'm going to get a haircut (just as soon as I grow it out).

Thank you Maine, and well done. Maybe Cali will be joining you in the 21st century sometime soon.

No comments: