Monday, May 18, 2009

Time for an Update

It's been almost a week, I better post something.

The Giro has been great to watch. Lot's of people upset by yesterday's protest. Lance posted his thoughts here. I thought this take was pretty much how I feel about it. I've read more than a few people who want to call the riders pussies for not riding because it was too dangerous. Whatever, sometimes it take more balls to stand up for what you think is right instead of just doing what you're told.

I haven't seen anything to make me change my pick of Levi winning it. Thursday's TT will be the key. Some of the TT monsters (Cancellara, Zabriskie) haven't done anything yet, so maybe they'll show up fresh and put on a show.

Lucero rocked Slim's on Saturday night. Probably as good a show as can be seen there. Maybe next time they can book the Independent.

I did the Modesto RR yesterday. I had to drag my ass out of bed at 5am to drive to Modesto. Glad I did to, it was a fun race. I gave it what I had, and I felt really good, which caused me to spend too much time on the front and do too much work for the shape I'm in. So I faded in the end, but it was still a good time. I found out today that they missed me crossing the line, so I officially got a DNP, but really I was the "Unidentified Rider" in 34th. I've sent an email to see if I can get it changed, we'll see.

First race in the new kit, it's mighty fine looking if you ask me.

I never saw any of the Eurovision 2009 Song Contest. I'm sure if I did, I would have voted for Ukraine.

Resistance is Futile.

Restistance is Futile.

Resistance is Futile

And something good to end with.

No comments: