Wednesday, May 20, 2009

This, I was not expecting.

Cancellara abandons

“It has been our plan all along for me, that I would be taking it day by day in the Giro. I'm very happy with the part of it that I have raced and the atmosphere here at the Giro is always really special. I'm very fond of this race and I've always felt extremely welcome here. I'd like to come back in one of the next seasons and if it fits in my program I would love to make a result here. I wish the rest of the team the best of luck for the rest of this great race”, says Fabian Cancellara who now looks forward to next goal up ahead.

This, on the other hand, I was expecting.

A perfect sprinters' stage, a perfect sprinter's lead-out, a perfect sprint - at least for one man and his team.

Damn. Just- Damn.

I've been looking forward to tommorows stage for months. Precisely to watch Fabian destroy it and leave others floundering in his wake. Now I'll have to try and find another reason to get excited about it. Maybe Lance will step up? After Levi's crash today, I'm not sure how well he'll do- and this really wasn't a course for him anyway.

Disappointed.

No comments: